Thursday, November 5, 2020

Tax resolution

Tax resolution X-perts helps businesses and individuals prepare unfilled tax returns, settle un-paid taxes for a fraction of the tax debt. 

Luckily, there are several ways other than bankruptcy to clear you tax debt without ruining your credit. If you can afford it, the easiest way is to set up an installment plan. Make sure that you have a clear idea of how much you can afford to pay each month. Setting up an installment plan only takes about two hours. Basically, you tell them what amount you can afford to pay each month, and they accept monthly payments until the debt is paid. This is the simplest plan, but it is only available to those who owe less than $10,000, and can pay off the debt fully within three years. 

Partial Payment Plans: If you don't meet the criteria for an installment plan, you can try a new option, the partial payment plan. This is a rather complicated plan, requiring numerous forms and lots of documentation, so you probably want a tax professional to help you. Under a partial payment plan, you agree to pay a certain monthly payment, based on what you can afford, for some number of years, also based on your financial situation. As long as you pay the agreed-upon amount for the required time, the remainder of you tax debt will be forgiven. 

Offers in Compromise: Another strategy which is similar to the partial payment plan is an offer of compromise. This gives you the option to pay a reduced sum, but you can choose whether you want to make payments, or pay a lump sum. There are subtle differences between an offer of compromise and a partial payment plan, so consult your tax professional if you think you may want to choose one of these plans. He or she will gather information such as how much you can pay a month, and how many months you want your payments to span, and steer you towards the right program for you. 

Currently Not Collectible: The last plan available for dealing with your tax debt is to be declared "currently not collectible." This is a good plan for you if you have no ability to pay your bill, but are not burdened by other debts. If you are over your head in debt to many companies, you may be forced to declare bankruptcy. However, if you are current on your other bills, but are currently not earning enough income to pay the IRS a monthly stipend, you can be considered "currently not collectible." Under this plan, you will receive yearly statements on the amount you owe. Your situation will be evaluated periodically, but if you are unable to pay for ten straight years, your debt will be discharged. The guidelines for being declared currently not collectible are strict, so consult your tax professional to be sure that you qualify.

It's not hard to deal with your tax debt. If you currently owe the IRS, don't wait! The IRS tacks on late fees and penalties frequently. If you make a plan to deal with your debt, those fees will stop mounting, so you will have an easier time climbing out of the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment