Tax Debt Relief: The IRS’s Best Kept Secret

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Why You Should File Your Past Due Return Now

File all tax returns that are due, regardless of whether or not you can pay in full. Call 855-913-0249 right now for free tax consultation.

File your past due return the same way and to the same location where you would file an on-time return. If you fail to file, we may file a substitute return for you. Call 855-913-0249 right now for free tax consultation.

This return might not give you credit for deductions and exemptions you may be entitled to receive. We will send you a Notice of Deficiency CP3219N (90-day letter) proposing a tax assessment. You will have 90 days to file your past due tax return or file a petition in Tax Court. If you do neither, we will proceed with our proposed assessment. If the IRS files a substitute return, it is still in your best interest to file your own tax return to take advantage of any exemptions, credits and deductions you are entitled to receive. 

Avoid interest and penalties File your past due return and pay now to limit interest charges and late payment penalties. Call 855-913-0249 right now for free tax consultation.

Claim a Refund You risk losing your refund if you don't file your return. If you are due a refund for withholding or estimated taxes, you must file your return to claim it within 3 years of the return due date. The same rule applies to a right to claim tax credits such as the Earned Income Credit. We hold income tax refunds in cases where our records show that one or more income tax returns are past due. 

We hold them until we get the past due return or receive an acceptable reason for not filing a past due return. Protect Social Security Benefits If you are self-employed and do not file your federal income tax return, any self-employment income you earned will not be reported to the Social Security Administration and you will not receive credits toward Social Security retirement or disability benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment